Before Your Spray Tanning:
- Exfoliate your skin prior to your appointment. This promotes even coverage and lengthens the duration of your tan by removing dead skin that would otherwise flake off (exfoliating gloves in picture $4.00 from Target).
- If you plan on waxing, wax at least 8 hours prior to your appointment or avoid waxing until your tan fades. Shaving is fine before or after your tan.
- Avoid wearing makeup, deodorant and moisturizer unless instructed otherwise as this acts as a barrier to the spray.
- Wear whatever you are comfortable with (suggested attire is dark-colored loose clothing). The cosmetic bronzer may rub off on clothing/sheets, however it will wash out of most fabrics.
After Your Spray Tan:
- After the spray tan remember to limit your activities that would dry out your skin such as swimming and hot showers.
- Moisturize at least twice a day with a good quality lotion. If you notice uneven fading or blotchiness your not applying enough. If that happens try to step up your moisturizing to three times a day and possibly find another lotion that works better hydrating your skin. Remember that lotions with fragrance can have a drying affect on your skin. I recommend Luminous by Matahari as seen in the picture on the right (available for purchase).